Household Waste Recycling Centres to accept more waste types in July -

From Monday 6 July, Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips) across the county will allow cars with small trailers and accept more waste types.

All eleven sites will now open five days from Friday – Tuesday.

Small trailers (6ft x 4ft x1.5ft load depth) without greedy boards will be allowed on site on a Tuesday and Friday.

On a Monday and Tuesday, residents can bring black bagged (general waste), plastics, plasterboard, mattresses, scrap metal, waste electricals (e.g. washing machines, TVs, lightbulbs etc.), batteries, household chemicals, mineral and cooking oils, gas cylinders and clothing.

On a Tuesday, residents can also bring along bulky items e.g. carpets and sofas.

On a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, HWRCs will accept garden waste (green), wood, soil, hardcore, paper, cardboard, glass, scrap metals, waste electricals (e.g. washing machines, TVs, lightbulbs etc.), batteries, household chemicals, mineral and cooking oils and gas cylinders and clothing.

To book a time slot or for more information, visit or call 01522 782070.

Citizens Advice Mid Lincolnshire - Here to Help -

On Monday 23rd March 2020 we closed our offices to the public due to the coronavirus pandemic and quickly adapted our service to enable our team to work remotely from home.

Our small team of paid staff and volunteers continue to provide advice to our clients via Citizens Advice Adviceline, pre-booked advice appointments, email and Help to Claim via phone and web chat.

Our trained advisers are able to provide clients with the most up to date information and help on benefits, housing, employment, travel and what this means to them during the coronavirus pandemic. Citizens Advice information resources are constantly being updated which is vital in times such as these where the situation and public rights are changing constantly.

We are able to help people to establish their rights and entitlement to apply for benefits, provide advice if people are struggling to pay their bills, rent or mortgage, what to do if their holiday has been cancelled and detailed advice regarding their employment rights and the processes that their employers should be following. Our main focus will be to assist clients across the Borough of Boston and North Kesteven. However by increasing our service on Adviceline, we may also be reaching clients from other locations within Lincolnshire.

Since we closed our offices on 23 March our team has already assisted our clients with 2,236 issues, many of them related to Covid-19. We envisage that the number of clients requiring our assistance will increase as the Covid-19 situation progresses and more people are affected by a loss of or a reduced income. Can you help us by making a donation to fund the equipment necessary to set-up our volunteer advice team?

This will enable them to provide vital assistance to clients by working remotely from home giving advice via telephone, email and web chat? To make a donation go to Search for Citizens Advice Mid Lincolnshire

Coronavirus - what it means for you -

My income has dropped due to coronavirus and I’m struggling to keep up with all of my bills. I rent my house from a private landlord and pay all the usual bills - electricity, water, and Council Tax. How best can I juggle them, and is there any help I can get from the government?

If your income is reduced because of coronavirus, you should check whether you’re entitled to sick pay or to claim benefits. You can check your eligibility for both sick pay and benefits on the Citizens Advice website (citizensadvice, If you’re already on existing benefits, these might also increase.

If you’re struggling to pay rent, talk to your landlord straight away. You should explain the situation and could ask for more time to pay, a temporary reduction in rent, or ask to catch up any missed payments by instalments. If you contact Citizens Advice Mid Lincolnshire an adviser can help you explain things to your landlord. If you can’t come to an agreement with your landlord, it’s a good idea to pay what you can afford and keep a record of what you offered.

The government passed an emergency law which means landlords have to give you three months notice to end certain tenancy types from 26 March. The court service has suspended all possession action for 90 days from 27 March. This means that even if you have been served a notice for eviction it’s unlikely it can be enforced during this time. You can find out more about what to do if you’re being evicted for rent arrears on the Citizens Advice website.

If you already claim Housing Benefit, you should tell the council your income has reduced. If you don’t claim it already, you might be entitled to help with housing costs from the government.

When it comes to your utilities, you should contact the provider as soon as possible. Depending on the type of bill, they may be able to arrange a payment plan, or have schemes in place for people in financial hardship. You should also talk to your local council, as your income has changed you might be entitled to a council tax reduction. If you’re struggling to pay multiple bills, it’s important to sort out what’s known as ‘priority bills’ like energy bills or council tax over credit card bills. This is because the immediate consequences of not paying these things are much more serious. Citizens Advice website can help you with this.